The best thing about listening to podcasts is that I can listen when I want to without being tied to the schedule of a radio station or a one-time presentation.
I especially like listening to archived presentations at the SirsiDynix Institute. It is so easy to have them playing in the background while working at my desk. Easy to pause if needed and pick up listening later.
I think this would be a great way for grandparents to read stories to their grandchildren. Save the story in gcast and send the book to the child.
Subscribing to podcasts is very easy in iTunes and I use that application to search and subscribe to those of interest. I think that MPR and NPR has done a great job of making their broadcasts available in podcast so I can listen a second time or easily share something of interest with others so they can listen.
In our school district we are able to use a Macintosh application to easily record podcasts and some teachers use the recorder to save class lectures for students who are not in class. There are a lot of possibilities for other uses.
I own an iPod and occasionally will save a longer podcast to it and listen while exercising.
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment