Monday, March 31, 2008
Thing 18 - YouTube and Other Online Video
I really like all the instructional videos on YouTube - especially the ones by CommonCraft such as this one about Twitter.
Our school district has a filtering system that allows us to set a limited amount of bandwidth for playing YouTube videos so we allow YouTube and the teachers really appreciate being able to use them in the classroom.
Our students link to YouTube videos in their presentations for classroom projects and I think that they would be very frustrated if it were not available. We do try to limit their use of YouTube during free time, but it is a losing battle and I suspect that next year we will not make a great effort to police it.
We also have access to TeacherTube, but YouTube remains the favorite.
I didn't spend much time with Jumpcut, but it would be a way to do some video production without all the concerns of dedicated computers for that purpose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment