I viewed all the services in the list that aggregate news stories and NewsVine has a very pleasing visual interface and very easy to use the tabs for different sections. It automatically tracked my IP address and provided local a local news tab to the Fargo-Valley City area. Some of the news is a bit dated, but we are a smaller community compared to the Washington Post.
I was able to easily add a Washington Post story to Newsvine.
I would direct students to this site if they were searching for latest news on a topic - possibly more often for some of the sub-topics such as health or science. I like that it brings together coverage from many sources.
I use a Google Alert for daily email updates on news stories of interest, but I"m going to try to set up a link at the side of this blog to see the latest stories.
I think it would be great for courses that follow current events to have their students follow a topic in the news over a period of time and then report on it.

No comments:
Post a Comment